Have you ever had one of those Sunday afternoons when everyone was out and you just ‘had to have a cookie-right-now-or-I-will-die?’ Or, maybe you are trying to cut back and not snorkel down an entire batch of homemade goodies at a time.
We all know that kind of situation, don’t we? I definitely do, I confess.
This is the recipe you need for that situation. This will make you one, nice-sized, yummy chocolate chip cookie. You can eat it, not feel guilty and walk away from the kitchen without having an entire batch growing on your hips.
And you know what? This impressive cookie not only takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, it tastes really delicious. Just like a good chocolate chip cookie.
The preparation is beyond easy… just have a look…
2-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
2 T unsalted butter (softened)
1 1/2 T white sugar
1 1/2 T brown sugar
2 T beaten egg
1/4 t vanilla extract
5 T flour
1/4 t baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1/4 c chocolate chips
1. Place the butter and sugars in a 2-cup bowl or ramekin. Use a fork to combine all these ingredients.
2. Beat an egg and add two tablespoons of the egg mixture into the bowl. Add the vanilla too. Stir to combine.
3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Give it another good stir.
4. Finally, stir in the yummy chocolate chips.Save a few for the top, if you wish to.
5. For the magic to happen, pop the mixture in your microwave oven and let it bake for about 2 minutes.
6. Top with a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with some melted chocolate.
Enjoy, this one big treat! You deserve it! And if everyone is out of the house you can open the window, get the good smells out and no one will know!
(This yummy recipe was adapted from picky-palate.com. Makes a cookie for one.)